Iconic architecture, marvellous museums, great food – and unique northern nature – this tour offers a combination of the above, and more!
We’ll pick you up at the airport and get you to the hotel, the tour programme starts from Day 2.
Highlights of you Moscow stay will include:
- A guided tour of the Moscow Kremlin, the ‘postcard showplace’, with its ancient walls and cathedrals.
- A walking tour of the main sights in downtown Moscow, including the Red Square with St.Basil’s cathedral, the Bolshoi theatre, Alexander Garden, monuments to Karl Marx and Georgy Zhukov etc.
- A visit to the treasury of Russian art: the world famous Tretyakov gallery.
- The museum of Cosmonautics, where you get to see the Soviet space programme evolve.
- Souvenir shopping and lunches in authentic Russian restaurants.
- Moscow underground palaces: experience the subway stations you will not find anywhere else on the globe – most of them are basically separate museums on their own.
In the evening of Day 4 you are taking a flight to Murmansk, where our guide is ready to greet you at the airport. The northernmost region in European Russia is offering you the following:
- A sightseeing tour of Murmansk, including a detailed acquaintance with the nuclear powered icebreaker ‘Lenin’.
- A trip to Teriberka settlement on the shore of the Barents Sea (in this part of the Arctic Ocean the water never freezes!).
- A visit to the local indigenous tribe Sami village, where they herd reindeer.
- Most importantly! You will have 2 nights to experience the magnificent Northern lights. Naturally, there’s no guarantee the Northern lights are there! We’ll make sure to take you to the most picturesque spots anyway.
- Lunches with local food, including Kamchatka crab (brought to the Barents Sea by the Soviet food industry in the 1970s).
In the morning of the last day of the tour we’ll take you to the airport in Murmansk for the flight to Moscow, and then on to your onward flight from Moscow (if you don’t intend to stay in the Russian capital for an extra night).