This is a Fly&Drive group tour that will run in the following dates: February 28 - March 11, 2019
Winter rest in Karelia is an exciting adventure that will leave noone indifferent: the delight of the magnificent snow-covered landscapes and the intense emotions from driving through endless picturesque forests and frozen lakes. Winter in the Russian North is snowy and long. The first frosts begin in the end of November and stay until the end of April.
Experience the robust Russian off-road car: the renowned UAZ Patriot! In winter conditions at that - all the more fun!
Karelia is the place where one can experience the real winter. The snow is fluffy, not caked, and iridescent with the colours of the rainbow; a little frost makes the air fresh and pure... This winter stays in your memory for ages.
Highlights of the route:
Petersburg – Sortavala - Petrozavodsk – Kizhi – Vologda – Koprino – Sergiev Posad - Moscow
Arrival to Saint Petersburg: walking tour with our guide.
Test-drive of SHERP - the unique Russian ATV. Ice, water and mud for 2 hours.
Petrozavodsk: ice driving near New Ladoga.
Kizhi Island: Russian wooden churches, the most scenic sights. Hovercraft (2 hours one way) ride across the lake.
Tihvin - Svyatozero: places first inhabited by men long before Russia came to exist.
You get to try Russian Banya (steam bath) as well.
Vologda: vast expanses of Russia. Open Air Museum of Architecture and Ethnography: Russian village of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, theatrical programme.
Rybinsk lake: winter driving experience.
Koprino Bay Park Hotel: snow Golf, or drive Snowcat, or ski along small trails, or drink vodka in the Ice Bar, or just relax in the Wellness Center.
Sergiev Posad - Uglich - Myshkin: medieval Russia and the most prominent Russian Orthodox monastery - the Trinity Lavra. Museum of Toys. Off-road driving on snowy roads on the way.
Spare day in Moscow. Walking tour of Moscow downtown.
Full of impressions, you leave Russia on Day 12!
- Accommodation ½ DBL in hotels according to the programme (see above)
- Meals (day 2 - day 10, dinner and lunch)
- Vehicles according to the size of the group (3 people per car), including gas and parking fees
- All activities according to the program and entrance fees:
- English speaking guide
- Support car with all necessary equipment
- LOI for Russia
- Meeting/seeing off at the airport
- Sightseeing tour in Moscow and SPB (only walking tour without entrance fees)
- Single supplement USD 530 per person
- Lunch and Dinner on day 1 and day 11
- Extra car in case you would like to have a personal car for yourself (USD 2,300)
- Ski and ice skates rental in Koprino
- Extra night and early check-in for hotels in Moscow or SPB
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12