The Diamond Fund
The Diamond Fund is not only a unique museum displaying a stunning exhibition of historical artefacts, jewellery and precious stones, but also the main treasury of the Russian Federation. The dazzling beauty of the jewellery exhibited here is indescribable. With jaw-dropping diamonds and sparkling emeralds, this collection is unrivalled the world over. We proudly invite you to visit one of the most ambitious projects in our country’s history!
Today, it seems incredible that this fantastic collection began as just a small wrought iron chest that Peter the Great instructed the royal jewels and state regalia be kept in. It is very doubtful that 300 years ago, Peter would have foreseen that his rather modest collection would turn into this mega-project, comparable to the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London.
On the tour you will see:
- Invaluable historical exhibits: coronation ceremony instruments (orb, sceptre, crown), insignia, items specially made for the members of the imperial house, the jewellery of Russian kings and queens (tiaras, earrings, brooches, hair clips etc.).
- The Russian monarchs’ power symbols - the Imperial Crown of Russia, a work of art made up of diamonds and pearls, topped with a rare red spinel.
- Jewellery made of precious metals and stones, created in Soviet times by outstanding master craftsmen, especially for the Diamond Fund.
- ‘Seven Wonders of the Diamond Fund’ - a legendary exhibition of gems, including diamonds and other stones of epic proportions.
- The collection of platinum and gold nuggets, the largest of which is called the ‘Big Triangle’ and weighs a whopping 36kg!
However, the Diamond Fund should not only be assessed by its astronomical value. The Fund is priceless because every historical exhibit found here is a unique artefact, and the delicate art of the master jewellers defies the craftsmanship of Mother Nature herself!
Please use the special form to book a tour for 11 guests and above
We'll pick you up at your hotel
Walk through the Borovitskaya Kremlin tower to the Diamond Fund
Guided tour of the Diamond Fund
Hall of state regalia of the Russian Imperial House
World Renowned Precious Stones
Order decorations of Russia, made of precious metals
Large rough and processed diamonds
Items of clothing with jewelry
End of the tour
We came over for a short trip and knew that we wanted to see what was on offer in the Kremlin. We decided to take a tour b...
Expand 11.02.2018 / Nancy
What an amazing collection! This really is something you have to see with your own eyes, as no photography is permitted in...
Expand 09.01.2018 / Samson