Excursion «Behind the mysterious Kremlin walls»
Within the walls of the Kremlin you will find many fascinating and unique objects:
- Assumption Cathedral - Russian rulers were coronated and married here; whilst their burial vault at Archangel Cathedral, was formerly the second largest in Moscow.
- The beautiful Grand Kremlin Palace - throughout time it has always been used as a venue for official ceremonies.
- The Senate - another fine construction, which in its time has welcomed so many famous people and statesmen and formerly housed the Imperial Senate and Lenin had his office here.
- Tsar Cannon and Tsar Bell, both magnificently impressive, showing off the high level of skill of the Russian master casters. The Cannon holds a place in the Guinness Book of Records for its size.
- The Arsenal, this two-story building is a rare architectural example from the time of Peter the Great and remains in military use.
You will delve into the Kremlin’s rich history and learn about its role in over eight centuries of Moscow and the Kremlin. This ensemble of majestic buildings symbolises the strength and power of the Russian state and we are sure they will forever remain in the memories of those who come to visit.
Meeting point - on the square in front of the Kutafia Tower, next to the Manege building
The Tsar Cannon
The Tsar Bell
Cathedral of the Archangel
Grand Kremlin Palace
End of the tour
Group gathering - On the square in front of the Kutafia Tower, next to the Manege building, 30 minutes before the excursion start time. The guide will have a red flag bearing the "Mos-Tour" logo in his hands.
The guide will have a red flag with «Mos-Tour» written on it.
More details / disclaimer / changes / cancellation policy
Meeting point of the tour is the Kutafia tower near the Manege building. Please be on site at least 30 minutes before the start of the tour. You will recognize the tour guide by the «Mos-Tour» sign.